Procedure for Declaring Availability
Written by Administrator
One of the biggest headaches that the Selection Committee have is trying to select teams. Its a nightmare for them. To aid them the following process is being introduced from Season 2003 onwards. Please help by being proactive and providing your availability up front and by taking some time to call the captains from time to time. Thanks.
- If you are playing in a match, then you must ensure that BEFORE you leave you have informed the captain of your availability for the next weekends games.
- If you are NOT PLAYING in a match at the weekend then by NO LATER than the Monday night of every week all players are to state their availability for the following weekend matches (both Saturday and Sunday) by either:
- If a match is cancelled, you will be called by phone. At this point you should confirm your availability for the next weekends games to the caller. No later than Tuesday evening the teams selected shall be:
- posted in the clubhouse OR
- Posted on the website by Wednesday AM OR
- Be available by calling EITHER of the 2 captain's
- To find out if you have been selected then you can either view the teams on the website or phone either of the Captains.
- If after the teams are selected and posted, you become unavailable then you MUST contact the appropriate Captain IMMEDIATELY.
- Remember, if the match is in doubt due to inclement weather then you should turn up unless you are told to the contrary.
Obviously if you could provide us with availability a few weeks in advance then that would help smooth things along.